Friday 25 June 2021

Emilly Carr Art

This term Mrs Swinburn (our art teacher) told us that we would be doing art on Emily Carr. Emily Carr was a very famous canadian artist back in the 1900s and sadly passed away on the second of March 1945. The art we are doing is based off the trees she used to paint. First we did a practice and they turned out really well. For our practice we spread newspaper over the desks, put a few blank peices of paper down and started painting. I painted the trunk first and then the leaves. It took a bit of time till I finished but it still look's really cool. Here was my finished product. 
I think it looks better from afar but I still really like it. Then we made a plan for our other tree. We picked 2-3 colours, picked a sponge and then started making our backgrounds. I did orange, yellow and bright red. Soon after we started our tree. At first I was starting to think it looked bad but the more I did the more I liked it. Finally I was done. Heres my finished product, it's not as good as I expected but still super cool! 
                                                
We added our Initails and we were finished! Have you ever done art inspired by Emily or a different artist? And how do you think I could've made it better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.