Friday 28 August 2020

My Notans Calendar Art!

Hi everyone, if the last few weeks we have been making something called a "Notan" they are REALLY cool! Its basically when you cut something out and flip it over, you will also have another coloured piece of paper. Our class watched few videos and looked at some examples, then we practised on a blank page in our art books, I chose to do my name! Same with a bunch of other people, after we practised a BUNCH and tried a lot of things, we finally started to make it happen. Also a few days before we did our names and all that we also did another good Notan, here is the one I did, 
I thought this one was really good! 

Here is my name one,
Chris helped me with some of the cutting, the thing was, I had to try and make this look as good as I wanted it to, because we were gonna be able to choose which No Tan we would put on our calendar art because we are doing No Tans for our calendar art! I chose my name because it took the longest and it was my best one I think, it was a hard choice though. I hope you enjoy my Not Tans because I worked really hard on them, maybe you could try?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kaya, they turned out really great, you sounded like you had lots of fun trying something new. Have you tried it at home in the weekend, especially on a wet day? Where did Notans originate from?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.