Tuesday 3 March 2020

2020 Fixing Sentences

Today at School, we had to fix up some sentences because we were doing something related to Paddington and we were doing a google doc about it that we had to download. What we did was reading a sentence and trying to add more detail. The doc we downloaded said that the sentences were sick and needed to get better so we had to fix them. I liked it because we were able to describe it more like how it was. Heres my example.
The sick sentence: Paddington wore a coat. When I detailed the sentence: Paddington wore a beautiful, small, dark blue coat.
We did things kind of like how we did the coat but with the hat and a lot of other stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Kaya,
    Wow, it sounds like you had a lot of fun participating in this activity! Using descriptive words when writing sentences makes it so much more interesting to read, whilst also allowing you to visualise the story in your head. “Paddington wore a beautiful, small, dark blue coat” leaves a fantastic image in my mind of the small bear, so it was great for you to have included your example in this blog post!
    I really like the way these sentences have been called ‘sick’ sentences. When a sentence doesn’t have any adjectives it can become boring to read, so learning how to fix these sentences is a great skill to have!
    I use adjectives every day, and some of my favourite ones include fantastic, amazing, outstanding and spectacular.
    What are some of your favourite adjectives?
    You mentioned how you also did this activity for a coat and hat. It would be awesome if you could let me know what adjectives you used!
    Keep up the great work!
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Kieryn, Some of my favourite adjectives are fantastic and outstanding, and the adjectives I had used were beautiful, and small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Kaya,
      Thank you so much for replying to my comment and letting me know about your favourite adjectives! It is awesome when you find out you have something in common with another person, and it is so cool how we both have the same favourite adjectives; fantastic and outstanding. Thank you for sharing this information with me!
      You mentioned how in your other activities you used words such as beautiful and small to describe Paddington’s hat. What was it about Paddington’s hat that you found beautiful?
      Keep up the amazing effort!
      Nga mihi

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.